- 1 Carrot peeled and chopped
- 1 Celery chopped
- 1 Onion finely chopped
- 1 handful Kale stems removed & chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 1 tin Tomatoes
- 400 ml Veggie Stock
- 400 g Ditalini or any pasta you like to use
- 1 handful Basil Leaves plus extra for garnish
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Olive Oil as needed
- Add the oil to a large pan together with the chopped carrot, celery, onion and garlic.
- Gently “sweat” the vegetables on a low-medium heat for 10-15 minutes until the onion starts to caramelised and the carrots are slightly soft.
- Add in the tinned tomatoes and vegetable stock, bring to boil and cook for another 8-10 minutes.
- Add in the pasta and chopped kale and keep on cooking until the pasta is cooked through. Add in the chopped basil, season with salt & pepper and served with extra basil leaves.