- 500 g Radish grated
- 50 g Shiitake Mushrooms sliced
- 100 g Fried Tofu (five spice flavour or plain) sliced
- 1 stalk Scallion chopped
- 1 tsp Chilies
- 1 tbsp Garlic chopped
- 1 tsp Ginger Paste or grated ginger
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- 1/2 tsp White Pepper Powder
- 1` tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp Sesame Oil
- 1/2 tbsp Hoisin Sauce
- 4 tbsp Oil for cooking
- 300 g All Purpose Flour
- 150 ml Boiling Water
- 60 ml Cold Water
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- Blanch the radish in boiling water for 10 minutes, to get rid of the raw taste of radish. Then soak in cold water( let it cool). Squeeze out the water from the radish and place in a large mixing bowl.
- Add in the rest of the filling ingredients and stir through.
- Heat up 2 tbsp of oil in a pan. Once hot, pour the hot oil into your fillings. Stir and set aside.
- In a different mixing bowl, add in flour and salt. Then slowly add the boiling water by mixing the flour with chopsticks, follow by cold water. Knead with your hands until the dough is soft and smooth. Cover and rest the dough for 20 minutes. After 20 minutes, knead the dough slightly to release the air.
- Divide the dough into 6 equal pieces, cover with a kitchen towel and rest for 30 minutes.
- Flatten each dough into a circle. Get one dough and fill with a couple of tbsp of the radish filling. Slowly wrap the fillings with the edges of the dough and press to seal the top. Cook it on heated skillet for 2 minutes and flip to other side and flatten slightly with a spatula. Cover and cook for 2 minutes.
- Cook till the buns turn golden brown. Remove from the heat and serve warm.