- 4 Capsicums
- 2 cups Cooked Rice of Choice
- 1 cup Textured Soy Protein or chickpeas
- 1/2 cup Light Coconut Milk
- 1/2 cup Capsicums chopped
- 4 tbsp Crushed Tomatoes
- 1 medium Onion chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic minced
- 2 tbsp Soy Sauce choose wheat-free if GF
- 1 tbsp Oil sesame or coconut
- 1 tbsp Peanut Butter
- 1/2 tbsp Curry Powder
- 1/4 tsp Smoked Paprika
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Vegan Cheese Sauce or vegan cheese
- Chopped Chives
- Cook your favorite rice according to packaging instructions. You will need 2 cups of cooked rice for this recipe.
- Soak 1 cup of textured soy protein (TVP) in a bowl with 1 cup of hot water (or vegetable broth) and set aside for 5-10 minutes (skip this step if you are going to use chickpeas). The TVP will begin to fluff and absorb all the liquid.
- With a knife, carefully remove the “lids” of the 4 bell peppers and also discard all the seeds.
- Heat oil in a skillet, add the chopped onion, minced garlic, the textured soy protein and fry for 4-5 minutes over medium heat.
- Add the chopped 1/2 cup bell peppers, crushed tomatoes, soy sauce, peanut butter, spices (curry, smoked paprika), salt/pepper to taste and coconut milk to the skillet and let simmer for about 5 minutes on low-medium heat. Stir occasionally.
- Now add the cooked rice and check if the mixture needs more salt/pepper/spices.
- Fill the 4 peppers with the rice/veggie mixture, add your favorite vegan cheese to taste and cook in the oven at 190 degrees C (about 375 degrees F) for about 30-45 minutes. You will probably have some leftovers of the rice/veggie mixture.
- Enjoy your stuffed vegan peppers!
Visit https://www.elavegan.com to know more about Ela and her amazing recipes.