- 1 large Onion thinly sliced
- 2 cloves Garlic minced
- 2 japanese Eggplants sliced into 1 cm thick
- 2 cups Tomatoes diced
- 2 tbsp Sugar-free Ketchup or any other kind of ketchup
- 1 tbsp Coconut Sugar
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne
- Salt to taste
- Into a large deep pan (or pot), add in 1 tbsp of oil (or water for oil-free), and fry the onion and garlic for 2-3 minute over medium high heat- until lightly caramelized.
- Add in the sliced eggplants and cook for 3 minutes, until softened.
- Add in the diced canned tomatoes, ketchup, coconut sugar, cayenne and salt.
- Bring the heat down to a medium-low and mix. Allow it to simmer for 5 minutes, or until the liquid has reduced into a thick dip consistency.
- Add more coconut sugar, cayenne or salt- to taste.
- Transfer to a bowl and serve!
- Store in the fridge for up to 5 days in an air tight container.