- Cooked Pasta to serve
- 1/2 Butternut Squash or Pumpkin about 300 g
- 1/4 cup Cashews soaked in some boiling water for 30 mins
- 1 White Onion peeled and finely chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic crushed
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 3 tbsp Nutritional Yeast
- a few sprigs of Fresh Thyme
- 1/2 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1/2 cup Plant Milk add more or less as needed
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 250 g Chestnut Mushrooms sliced
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Brown Rice Miso Paste mix this with 2 tsp of boiling water
- Peel and chopped the butternut squash into bite size pieces. Steam the butternut squash pieces for 20-15 minutes until soft. Drain them and leave them aside.While the butternut squash is cooking peel and finely chopped the onion and add it a small frying pan with a touch of oil. Fry the onion on a low to medium heat for 5 minutes until it starts to caramelised. Add in the crushed garlic cloves and thyme leaves and cook for another minute.
- Add the cooked butternut squash to a blender together with the onion and garlic, soaked cashews, lemon juice, nutritional yeast, smoked paprika, plant milk salt & pepper. Blend until completely smooth and silky. Add more plant milk if needed.
- Cook the pasta according to the packet instructions. While the pasta cooks add the sliced mushrooms to pan with the oil. Pour over the miso paste mixed with water and cook the mushrooms on a fairly high heat for 10 minutes until all the liquid has evaporated.
- Drain the pasta and put it back in the pan and pour in the butternut squash sauce. Mix everything together and fold in the tamari mushrooms.
- Serve and enjoy!