- 1 box Extra Firm Tofu pressed
- 1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 Red Onion sliced
- 1/4 Red Bell Pepper sliced
- 1 tsp Garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Gochugaru korean red pepper powder
- 1/4 cup Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp Maple Syrup
- 1 cup Veggie Broth
- Perilla Leaves optional
- After pressing tofu, slice into 1/3 inch width slices (length-wise). In a very large non-stick pan, add extra virgin olive oil over medium high heat. Once oil is hot, add tofu slices in one layer and cook until golden brown (~7-10 mins).
- Flip and continue cooking until both sides are golden brown (~5-7 mins). Once tofu is all cooked, remove from pan and set aside.
- To the same pan, add onions, red bell pepper, garlic, and salt and cook until veggies are softened. Add gochugaru, maple syrup, and soy sauce and add back to the pan the tofu.
- Add veggie broth and try to get tofu submerged as much as possible. Bring to boil and then simmer while covered until liquid reduces to a thick glaze (~15-20 mins—keep your eye on it though since it could go faster).
- Add fresh perilla leaves as garnish. Enjoy with rice or between two pieces of bread or in a kimbap!