- 1 cup Chocolate finely chopped
- 3/4 cup Cacao butter finely chopped
- 1/4 cup Cacao Powder
- 3 tbsp Rice Malt Syrup or to taste
- 1 cup Pitted Cherries
- 1/2 cup Dessicated Coconut
- 2 tsp Cacao Butter or Coconut Oil
- If you have a store-bought chocolate, melt in a double boiler over low heat. To make your own chocolate, melt the cacao butter in a double boiler over low heat. Remove from heat and stir in cacao powder and syrup until fully combined.
- Spoon around ½ tsp of melted chocolate into the bottom of each silicone mold or lined cupcake molds. Set aside in the freezer.
- For the cherry filling, place the cherries in a small saucepan with a dash of water over medium heat. Cook until the cherries break down and form a jam-like consistency. Reduce to a little less than 1/2 cup of mixture then puree with a hand blender until smooth. Mix in coconut and cacao butter/oil.
- When the chocolate in the molds have set remove from freezer. Carefully pipe or spoon cherry mixture into the middle of each cup trying to not let the mixture touch the sides.
- Pour the remaining melted chocolate over the cherry mixture so it goes down the sides of the cups and completely covers the cherry mixture. Decorate as desired.
- Return the cups to the freezer for at least 1 hour or until the chocolate is set. Remove the cups from the molds and enjoy! The Cherry Ripe Cups can be kept in an airtight container at a cool room temperature for a few hours. Otherwise the cups should be kept in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 week or in the freezer for up to 2 months.