- 100 g Onion diced
- 2 cloves Garlic crushed
- 400 g (canned) Cherry Tomatoes
- 300 g (jarred) Grilled Eggplant chopped
- 2 pcs Dried Red Chilies crumbled
- 1/4 cup Vegan Parmesan grated or you can use nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tsp Pink Himalayan Salt
- Black Pepper to taste
- 250 g (boxed) Barilla Chickpea Pasta or you can use your favourite pasta
- Cook in salted water as per directions. Drain and reserve liquid.
- Add the sauce ingredients plus Parmesan (if using) to a blender and blend for 30 seconds adding 1 cup of reserved pasta water to desired consistency.
- Add drained pasta to pan and stir through the blended sauce.
- Serve pasta topped with vegan ricotta crumbles and fresh basil leaves.