- 200 g Tofu extra firm
- 1/2 cup Olive Oil 120 g
- 1 tbsp Dried Basil
- 1 tbsp Dried Oregano
- 1 tsp Dried Thyme
- 2 cloves Garlic minced
- 1 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 tsp Red Paprika Flakes optional
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper optional
- Drain tofu, pat dry and cut into cubes. Then place the tofu cubes in a jar.
- Stir together all ingredients for the marinade (olive oil, herbs, garlic, and spices). Pour it over the tofu and seal the jar tightly. Give it a good shake making sure the tofu is well coated with the marinade. Refrigerate at least overnight to unfold flavors. (The longer the tofu soaks, the better it tastes).
- You can vary the ingredients for the marinade to taste. Also, 1 tsp white miso paste or 2-3 tbsp nutritional yeast flakes or soy sauce are a flavorful addition. If you like it more sour, you can add a little vinegar or lemon juice.
- The prep time does not contain the soaking time.