- 3 cups Water
- 3 tbsp Gochujang korean chili paste
- 1 tsp Gochugaru korean hot pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1-2 tbsp Coconut Sugar
- 1 tbsp Minced Garlic
- 1 lb Rice Cakes soaked in water for 20 mins if frozen
- 1 4 x 6 inch Kombo dried kelp
- 4 oz Napa Cabbage or green cabbage
- 2 Scallions chopped into 2 -inch pieces
- 2 slices Plant-based Cheese
- Add kombu and water to a large pan over medium heat. As water is heating up, stir in the gochujang, gochuaguru, soy sauce, coconut sugar, and garlic, and bring to a boil.
- Allow to simmer for 5 minutes, then remove and discard kombu. Add in the rice cakes and continue cooking, stirring frequently, until rice cakes are soft (but still chewy) and sauce is thickened, about 7-10 minutes.
- Add in the cabbage and scallions, and simmer for an additional 4-5 minutes. Remove from heat and top with the cheese (either grated or the entire slice), and cover until cheese is melted.
- Alternatively, if using a cast-iron pan, place entire pan into an oven on broiler setting and heat with oven door open for 1-2 minutes until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Serve hot.