- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Yellow Onion diced
- 4 cloves Garlic minced
- 1 tsp Dried Oregano
- 1/4 cup White Wine
- 1 cup Long-grain White Rice rinsed
- 2 cups Cooked Chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup Sun-dried Tomatoes oil-packed
- 1 tbsp Oil from the oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 tbsp Fresh Dill chopped
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 Lemon large, sliced and deseeded
- 2 1/4 cups Vegetable Stock boiling
- 1/3 cup Kalamata Olives pitted
- 3 cups Baby Spinach
- 1 pint Cherry Tomatoes sliced in half
- Salt, Pepper & Chili Flakes to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- In a large cast-iron skillet over medium, heat the olive oil. Add the diced onion and cook until soft and translucent, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and oregano. Cook for another minute, then deglaze with the white wine. Cook for another minute until the wine has reduced but things still aren’t starting to stick to the pan.
- Stir in the rice, stirring to coat. Add the chickpeas, sun-dried tomatoes, oil from the tomatoes, dill, and salt. Mix well. Carefully pour the hot stock over the mixture and gently mix. Wedge the lemon slices into the mixture. Cover tightly with tin foil, and bake for 35-40 minutes, or until the rice is cooked.
- Carefully remove the foil, and stir in the spinach, olives and cherry tomatoes (or serve them over the top). Let sit for 5 minutes so the spinach wilts. Salt, pepper and chili flakes to taste.
To know more about Bronwyn, head over to www.crumbsandcaramel.com.