- 2 Aubergines
- 2 tbsp Miso Paste
- 1 tsp Maple Syrup
- 1 tsp Toasted Sesame Oil
- 1 clove Garlic minced
- 1 thumb size Ginger peeled and grated
- 1 cup Spelt soaked overnight (will cook quicker)
- 1 Fennel Bulb trimmed and sliced
- 4 Spring Onion finely sliced
- Pine Nuts a handful
- Mint Leaves a handful
- Olive Oil a drizzle
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Coconut Yogurt as needed
- Vegan Feta Cheese as needed
- Pomegranate Seeds a handful
- Bring a salted pan of water to boil. Tip in the spelt and cook on a medium heat for 30-35 minutes until soft but still slightly chewy. Drain and put it on one side to cool down.
- Preheat the oven at 180 degrees Celsius. Make the marinade by mixing together all the ingredients until you have a smooth and silky mixture. Cut the aubergine in half lengthwise. With a sharp knife criss cross the aubergines flesh in a diagonal pattern. Brush the aubergine on both sides with the miso marinade. Place the aubergines onto a baking tray and bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes until they are soft.
- While the aubergine cook add a drizzle of olive oil to a pan. Once hot add in the spring onions and fennel. Cook for 8-10 minutes until both vegetables are slightly soft. Add to the pan the cooked spelt and season with salt & pepper. Remove from the heat and add the mint leaves.
- In a separate pan toast the pine nuts for few minutes until golden brown.
- Remove the aubergines from the oven and serve them with the spelt & fennel salad, the toasted pine nuts, a dollop of coconut yogurt and a sprinkle of pomegranate seeds. Enjoy!