- 225 g Plain Flour
- 130 ml Plant-based Milk warm
- 30 ml Light-tasting Oil
- 2 tsp Fast-acting Yeast
- 1 tsp Coconut Sugar
- 1 tsp Beetroot Powder
- Salt a pinch
- Sesame Seeds for topping
- Add all ingredients to a bowl and mix until combined. Remove the dough and place on a clean floured surface. Knead the dough for 5 minutes or until it feels soft and elastic.
- Brush the bowl with flour or oil and return the dough to the bowl. Cover the bowl with a tea towel and place it in a warm place to rise for at least 4 hours.
- When the dough has doubled in size, remove the dough from the bowl and divide it into 2 balls.
- Place each ball on a lined baking tray, ensuring the smooth side of the dough is facing up. Sprinkle sesame seeds on the buns and cover with a tea towel. Allow the buns to rest for at least 10 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 180°C (350°F). When the oven is ready, bake the buns for at least 15 minutes. The buns are ready when the bottom can be tapped and it sounds hollow. Allow the buns to cool at room temperature, slice and enjoy!
- The buns can be stored in an airtight container for 1 day, in the fridge for 3 days or in the freezer for up to 1 month.