- 15-20 ounces Penne Pasta
- 10 ounces Eggplant cut into 1/4 inch pieces
- 5 ounces Red Peppers cut into 1/4 inch pieces
- 1 Onion
- 1 clove Garlic
- 1 handful Baby Spinach
- 10 ounces Tomato Sauce
- to taste Salt
- to taste Pepper
- to taste Sugar
- Chili Flakes optional
- Cook the pasta according to the instructions on the package (usually about 10 to 12 minutes).
- Meanwhile, in a hot pan, start by frying the onions and garlic in some olive oil. In 2 to 3 minutes you can add to the pan the eggplant and peppers. Season with salt and pepper and let them cook for 5 minutes.
- Now add the tomato sauce and some sugar to balance the acidity.
- Let it simmer for 3 to 4 minutes and add the spinach.
- Now the pasta should be ready – drain it and put it in the sauce straight away. Take it off the heat and serve!