- 2 packs Puff Pastry
- 2 medium-large Potatoes cubed and soaked in water
- 3/4 cup Frozen Mixed Carrots & Peas
- 1 medium Onion chopped
- 4 cloves Garlic chopped
- 2 Shallots chopped
- 1 knob Ginger chopped
- 1.5 tbsp Chili Paste or sambal
Spices (adjust to your preference)
- 1/2 tbsp Cumin Seed
- 3 tbsp Coriander Powder
- 3 tbsp Curry Powder
- 1 tsp Turmeric Powder
- Veggie Stock as needed, or water
- Oil as needed
- Salt as needed
- Vegan Butter melted, as needed
- Pandan Leaves as needed, optional
- In a heated non-stick pan, sauté onion until soft. Continue to cook with garlic, shallots & ginger until fragrant. Season with spices. Add in sambal, then potatoes & give it a stir. Place a knotted pandan leave, season with salt, used ~ 1 teaspoon. Add enough water to cover all the potatoes. Place lid over, turn to boil & let simmer until potatoes are fork-tender. Stir in frozen carrots & peas, remove pandan leaves & let cool. Taste and adjust seasoning.
- Thaw puff pastry based on package instructions. Mine came with 2 sheets of 9X9. I cut each sheet to 6 pieces & roll to a square. Place 1-2 tablespoons of potato mixture and pleat to seal into a triangle.
- Brush each puff with melted butter & bake until golden brown. I baked mine at 425F for about 20-25 minutes. Cooking time & oven temperature varies by brand.
- Start with 1 box of puff pastry first if you are unsure of the volume of your filling.