- 14 oz can Organic Hearts of Palm rinsed, drained & patted dry
- 2-3 tbsp Avocado Oil
- 1 pack Tortillas
- 1 Avocado peeled & sliced into cubes
- 2 tbsp Flaxmeal
- 1/3 cup Water
- 3 tbsp Cassave Flour
- 1 tsp Old Bay Seasoning
- 1/2 tsp Cayenne
Pico de Gallo
- 1 pint Cherry Tomatoes chopped
- 1/2 medium Red Onion chopped fine
- 1/2 Jalapeno chopped fine
- 1/4 bunch Cilantro chopped
- 1 Lime juiced
- 1/2 tsp Salt add more or less to taste
- Black Pepper to taste
- Start by preparing your Pico de Gallo topping. Add all ingredients to a medium size mixing bowl and stir to combine. Set aside.
- Add all ingredients for wet coating and dry coating in two separate shallow bowls.
- Cut your hearts of palm into ~½ inch slices and pat dry. Coat all hearts of palm slices in vegan ‘egg wash’ (wet coating), followed by the seasoning (dry coating). Tap off excess seasoning and place in a single layer on an extra plate.
- To a medium cast iron skillet, add 2-3 tbsp avocado oil and bring to a medium heat.
- Add your seasoned hearts of palm pieces and spread in an even layer (cook in two batches if necessary).
- Cook for 5-8 minutes total, flipping halfway through to ensure they get crispy on both sides. Place on a plate lined with paper towels to drain excess oil and set aside.
- Time to assemble your tacos! Split the crispy hearts of palm between 4 tortillas. Top with homemade pico de gallo and avocado slices. Enjoy!