- 3 cups Chickpeas cooked and peeled
- 1/2 cup Tahini Paste
- 1 cup Fresh Basil Leaves roughly chopped
- 1 Lemon juiced
- 2 cloves Garlic minced
- 3 Ice Cubes add more as needed
- 1 tsp Salt
- Chopped Tomatoes
- Blanched Almonds
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Flaky Sea Salt
- Aleppo Pepper
- Soak minced garlic in lemon juice for 20 minutes.
- Process the chickpeas in a food processor.
- Keep the processor running and add the rest of the ingredients.
- Process for 4 minutes
- Check the texture, if not super smooth and creamy, add 1-2 additional ice cubes or a couple of tbsp of ice water, you may have to add both depending on the texture of your chickpeas. Add extra ice/water slowly, constantly checking the texture. Process for another minute or two.
- By now you should have the creamiest super smooth hummus, add more salt to taste if needed.
- Plate and add the toppings.
- To peel chickpeas: When they are just cooked, add 2 tsp baking soda to the cooking water (or place your canned chickpeas in a bowl with hot water), remove from heat and let sit for 10-15 minutes. Then rinse in cold water and rub off skins with your hands.
- Ice lowers the temperature and will make the mixture hold together better and make it more creamy.