- 400 g Firm Tofu press out the excess water
- Sweet Potato Flour as needed, for coating
- 1 bunch Thai basil
- Oil for frying
- 120 ml Plant Milk
- 1/2 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 100 g Bread Crumbs
- 30 g Sweet Potato Flour
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1/2 tsp Onion Powder
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp Five Spice Powder
- 1/2 tsp White Pepper
- The wet ingredients creates a plant-based buttermilk. Mix the two ingredients together and set aside until the milk curdles.
- In a small bowl, mix together your seasoning salt ingredients and set aside.
- In a plate, mix together your dry ingredients and set aside.
- Cut the tofu into small cubes.
- Coat each tofu cube in your dry ingredients followed by the buttermilk then the dry ingredients again.
- Heat oil in a wok and once hot, fry the tofu until golden brown. Remove the tofu from the oil & transfer to a plate lined with paper towel to drain. Re
- Immediately sprink your seasoning salt onto your cooked tofu cubes.
- Lastly fry the basil for 3 seconds or until ncrispy and toss together with the popcorn tofu. (Make sure the basil leaves are very dry)
- Serve the popcorn with any of your favourite dips. Enjoy!