- 1 tbsp Coconut Oil
- 2-4 Chili Peppers any variety, chopped
- 1 tbsp Ginger grated
- 3 cloves Garlic minced
- 2 Green Cardamom Pods
- 1 Cinnamon Stick
- 1 Yellow onion sliced
- 1 cup Eggplant cubed
- 1 cup Zucchini diced
- 1 Bell Pepper sliced
- 1 can Coconut Milk only the fat solids
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp Cayenne
- Lime Juice to taste
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Brown Rice or your favorite grains
- Heat coconut oil in a deep pan, add the chopped chili peppers (any variety, add more or less, depending on your spice preference) and sauté for 30 seconds. Add the grated ginger and minced garlic and sauté for a minute, stirring constantly. Next, add in the green cardamom pods and the cinnamon stick. Add the sliced yellow onion, salt to taste and sauté until the onions turn light brown, for about 2 minutes on medium-high heat.
- Add a cup of cubed eggplant and sauté for about 5-7 minutes or until the cubes have partially cooked. Next, add the diced zucchini and sauté for 2 minutes on med-high. Add the sliced bell pepper, stir well and then stir in a can of coconut milk (only the fat solids). Reduce heat, add the ground turmeric and cayenne and let simmer for 3-4 minutes. Turn off heat.
- Check for seasoning and adjust accordingly. Add lime juice to taste.
- Add some fresh chopped cilantro and serve with brown or white rice.