- 2 cloves Garlic peeled
- 2-3 medium Carrots chopped into small pieces
- 15 oz (1 can) Chickpeas or 1.5 cooked chickpeas, drained but save the liquid
- 1/4 cup Tahini
- 3 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 4 tbsp Chickpea Brine or water, add more if needed
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Ground Cumin
- 1 tbsp Sesame Oil optional
- Preheat oven to 400F/200C and place diced carrots and garlic cloves on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Toss with salt and a bit of oil if desired. Roast for 35 minutes until carrots and garlic are tender and blackened on the bottom.
- Remove from oven. Add the drained chickpeas, tahini, lemon juice, chickpea liquid, cumin, and salt to a food processor and process until smooth, stopping to scrape down the sides if necessary.
- Add roasted carrots and garlic and process for two minutes, then drizzle in oil while machine is running, blending until the hummus is smooth and creamy.
- Serve with plant-based crackers and veggies. Enjoy!
- Keeps in fridge for up to five days.