- 2 cans Chickpeas
- 2/3 cup Orange juice freshly squeezed
- 2 tbsp Maple Syrup
- 2 tbsp Tamari
- 1/4 tsp Ground Ginger
- 1 tbsp Arrowroot Powder
- 1 tbsp Vegetable Broth or water
- 1 tbsp Orange Zest
- 2 tsp Red Chili Flakes
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas and set aside.
- Whisk the arrowroot starch and water together and set aside.
- To a saute pan, add the orange juice, maple syrup, tamari, and ginger and whisk together over low heat.
- When the mixture starts to bubble, add in the arrowroot paste and chickpeas.
- Stir everything together until the chickpeas are well coated and continue to heat as the mixture thickens.
- The sauce should be thick within 5 or so minutes.
- Serve immediately with rice, quinoa, and steamed veggies.