- 1 cup Condensed Coconut Milk
- 1 1/2 cups Unsweetened Plant-based Milk
- 3 tbsp Cornstarch
- 3 tsp Matcha Powder
- 1/4 cup Water
- 1 tsp Agar Agar Powder
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/4 cup Coconut Sugar
- 2 tbsp Water
- Make the caramel, add coconut sugar and water into a saucepan, turn the heat on medium high. Stir constantly. Once the sugar has dissolved this about 2-3 minutes, turn off the heat.
- Let the caramel cool for 5 minutes. Pour the caramel into moulds and move the mould around so it gets onto all of the edges. Transfer moulds to the fridge while making the flan.
- Combine cornstarch, matcha powder and 1/4 cup water, mix to incorporate. Set aside.
- In a sauce pan heat condensed coconut milk, soy milk and bring to a boil. Then add in agar powder, salt, stirring constantly until agar dissolved. Whisk in cornstarch-matcha mixture, vanilla and allow mixture to simmer for 1 minute.
- Remove flan moulds from the fridge. Pour the mixture over the caramel. Back to the fridge to set, about 4 hours.
- Carefully flip the flan onto a plate and serve. Enjoy!