- 1 tin Young Green Jackfruit drained and rinsed, about 410g
- 1/2 stalk Lemongrass peeled
- 1 inch Ginger
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 tbsp Coconut Sugar
- 1/2 cup Coconut Milk plus more if needed
- Chili Powder optional
- 2 Vietnamese Baguette Rolls or any kind of baguette
- Vegan Mayonnaise as needed
- pickled carrot as needed
- sliced cucumber as needed
- fresh coriander as needed
- chili sliced
- Add all the ingredients except for the jackfruit into a food processor/ blender and blend until a paste forms
- Heat a fry up to medium high, add a drizzle of oil and add in the paste. Cook for 2-3 minutes until fragrant.
- Stir in the jackfruit, bring to a boil and the reduce to a simmer for 10 minutes. Add a dash more coconut milk to thin it out to your preference. Once the jackfruit is cooked, set aside.
- Open/slice open each bread roll and spread mayonnaise in one or both sides.
- Fill with carrots, cucumber, coriander & chili.
- Spoon a generous amount of lemongrass jackfruit and spread until your have enough filling for the bread.
- Slice the rolls into thirds to make the sliders.
- Serve immediately.