- 2 cans Organic Garbanzo Beans/Chickpeas no salt added (optional)
- 1/4 cup Tomato Sauce no salt added (optional)
- 1 medium Onion chopped finely
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1/2 tsp Garam Masala
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- 1/4 tsp Paprika
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 cup Cilantro chopped
- 1/2 cup Mint finely chopped
- Heat oil in a deep wok, add the garlic, cumin seeds, onions and sauté for about 5 minutes. Add the tomato sauce, ground cumin, garam masala, paprika, salt and sauté for 3-4 minutes.
- Add 1/2 cup water, garbanzo beans/chickpeas, finely chopped mint and cover and simmer on low heat for 15 minutes.
- Add chopped cilantro, stir to combine. Top on crusty bread, pizza crust or serve with or on top of toasted naan. I like to sprinkle some crushed red pepper and drizzle dairy free coconut yogurt just before serving.