- 8 cups Fresh Popped Popcorn
- 1/4 cup Agave
- 3 tbsp Sugar
- 2 tbsp Fig Spread
- 1/4 cup Roasted Hazelnut Butter homemade or store-bought
- 1/2 tsp Salt plus more for topping, large flaked salt is great
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla
- 1/4 cup Vegan Chocolate Chips dark chocolate preferred but optional
- 1/2 tbsp Refined Coconut Oil
- Heat a small saucepan over medium-low heat, add agave and sugar, stir until sugar dissolves.
- When sugar is dissolved, add in fig spread and stir until that is dissolved. There might be small pieces of fig left undissolved, but that’s fine.
- Add hazelnut butter and 1/2 tsp of salt (if your hazelnut butter is unsalted, if it is you can skip the extra salt) and stir to combine, little bubbles should be slowly forming but don’t bring it to a boil or the hazelnut butter will burn. Stir frequently until the mixture gets slightly darker, about 4-5 minutes.
- Off the heat and stir in 1/2 tsp vanilla extract.
- Place popcorn in an extra large bowl and pour the hazelnut butter mixture on top, carefully toss with a wooden spoon.
- Set the popcorn aside and place the chocolate and coconut oil in a small bowl and microwave in 30 second increments stirring in between, until its all melted, then drizzle it on top of the popcorn. Finish with some large flaked sea salt if you’d like and enjoy!