- 220 g Chickpea Flour
- 1 small Red Onion peeled & finely cubed
- 1 clove Garlic peeled and crushed
- 2 tsp Turmeric
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1/2 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 tbsp Fresh Dill chopped
- 500 ml Water
- 300 ml Soy Milk unsweetened
- 1 tbsp Neutral Oil
Dill & Yogurt Dip
- 200 g Soy YOgurt unsweetened
- 1 tsp Lemon Zest
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 clove Garlic finely chopped
- 2-3 tbsp Fresh Dill chopped
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Line a squared baking tin (23×23 cm | 9×9 inch) with parchment paper and brush with a little oil.
- Heat 1 Tbsp of oil in a medium saucepan to medium high heat. Add onion cubes & garlic and fry until slightly brown.
- Add liquids, spices & salt and bring to a boil. Remove from heat and slowly whisk in the chickpea flour. (It should have a sticky, but spreadable texture. Add more liquid if necessary)
- Transfer mixture quickly to the baking tin and spread evenly. Let cool completely.
- In the meantime mix all ingredients for the dip and transfer to fridge until panisse are ready.
- Invert cooled mixture to a cutting board and cut into equal sized fries.
- Heat a couple of tablespoons oil in a large saucepan. Fry chickpea fries from each side until crispy!