- 1 cup Extra-firm Tofu cut in small cubes
- 2 tsp Tamari
- 1 tsp Mild Curry
Brown Fried Rice
- 2 cups Brown Rice leftover is best
- 3 tbsp Cooking Oil
- 4 cloves Garlic minced
- 1 small Red Onion chopped
- 1/2 cup Peas
- 1/2 cup Carrots finely diced
- 1/3 cup Corn frozen
- 2 cups Baby Spinach
- 1/3 cup Pumpkin Seeds optional
- 3 tbsp Tamari or soy sauce
- 2 tbsp Garlic Chili Sauce
- 2 tbsp Coconut or Brown Sugar
- 1 clove Garlic minced
- 1 tsp Toasted Sesame Oil
- 1 tsp Salt or to taste
- Season the tofu with tamari and mild curry. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes at 400 F.
- Mix all the sauce ingredients together and set aside.
- In a large cast iron or a sauté pan, add oil, turn stove on high. Add onions to the hot oil, garlic, peas, carrots and corn. Sauté for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally, add spinach, baked tofu, break some of the tofu in small chunks. Add 2 tsp of sauce. Stir to combine all the ingredients and sauté for about 5 min.
- Add cooked rice and the remaining sauce and stir. Cook over medium-high heat for 3-4 minutes, stirring frequently. Adjust salt and chili to taste.
- Serve immediately topped with pumpkin seeds and roasted black sesame seeds. Leftovers keep well in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.