- 1 1/2 cups Dried Chickpeas
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 cup Parsley minced
- 1/4 cup Cilantro minced
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 1/2 Yellow Onions
- 1 Jalapeno Pepper optional
- 3-4 tbsp Flax Meal or 5-6 tbsp of flour
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Ground Coriander
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 2 tbsp Oil
- Soak the chickpeas in water with the baking soda for 12 hours or overnight.
- In a food processor, pulse the onion, garlic, jalapeño, parsley, and cilantro until finely minced. Transfer mixture to a bowl and add the oil.
- Blend the chickpeas in the food processor until it comes together like wet sand. Stop blending. Combine with the blended aromatics.
- Add the flour or flax meal and mix well until the mixture is slightly tacky and holds together. If the mixture feels too loose add one more tablespoon of flour/flax.
- Form ping pong size falafel balls and place on a parchment paper lined baking tray. Bake on 450 for 15-20 minutes until browned.
- AIR FRY OPTION: Air fry on the highest setting for 10 minutes, then flip for another 3-4 minutes until dark golden brown on both sides.