- 1 1/2 cups Flour sifted
- 1 1/2 tbsp Sugar you can use any kind of sweetener that you want
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- a pinch of Salt
- 1 cup Vegan Buttermilk
- 1 tbsp Vegan Butter melted
- 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Bean Paste
- 1 handful Fresh Blueberries
- Vegetable Oil for cooking
- Maple Syrup for topping
- Blueberries for topping
- 1 tbsp Flaxseed Meal
- 3 tbsp Water
- To make the flax egg, mix both ingredients together and set aside until ready to use.
- In a separate bowl add buttermilk, vanilla and melted butter.
- Add the flax egg to the buttermilk and whisk to combine.
- Pour the wet ingredient mixture into the dry ingredients and stir till mostly incorporated. The batter should be thick and a little lumpy. Gently fold in the blueberries. Set the batter aside for 10-15 minutes.
- Heat a non-stick pan over a medium heat and lightly grease it with oil. Use a 1/4 cup measure to scoop the batter into the pan.
- Cook until the first side is golden brown, or until the top surface forms bubbles. Flip and repeat on the other side.