- 1 tbsp Coconut Oil or your preferred oil
- 1 medium Onion chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic minced
- 1 Butternut Squash about 2 1/2 lbs. peeled, seeded and cut into 1 inch cubes
- 5 cups Vegetable Broth
- 1 1/2 tbsp Curry Powder
- 1 tsp Cinnamon Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt add more or less to taste
- 2 tbsp Coconut Sugar
- 4 tsp Coconut Yogurt
- 1/4 cup Pomegranate Seeds and Pumpkin Seeds for garnish
- Heat oil over medium heat in a 6-quart stockpot. Add onions and garlic and saute until soft but not brown, about 8 min.
- Add the butternut squash, curry powder, cinnamon and sauté for another 5 min. Add the broth and salt and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer until squash is tender, about 12 to 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat stir in coconut sugar and puree with an immersion blender or in batches in a blender until smooth.
- Season with salt, to taste. Enjoy!