- 1/2 tbsp Olive Oil or vegan butter
- 454 g Sliced Mushrooms about 16 oz
- 8 cloves Garlic minced
- 1/2 large Onion finely diced
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- 3 cups Vegetable Broth homemade or high-quality if store bought
- 1 can Coconut Milk
- 4 sprigs Thyme
- In a large, deep pot over medium high heat, add the olive oil or vegan butter to heat.
- Add the mushrooms, garlic, onion and salt and pepper. Stir together and sauté until mushrooms begin to release their natural juices and become fragrant, about 8 minutes.
- Pour in the vegetable broth and the coconut milk. Add in the thyme. Stir together and bring to a boil, then a simmer for 15 minutes.
- Scoop out two cups of soup (with some mushrooms) and pour into your blender. If you have a glass blender, ensure it cools down a bit first!
- Press the soup setting or blend until fully blended out. Pour back into soup pot and blend one more time.
- Serve the soup and top with your favourite toppings and enjoy!