- 2 cups All Purpose Flour
- 3/4 cup + 2 tbsp Boiling Water
- 5 Scallions thinly sliced
- 4 tsp Sesame Oil
- Oil for cooking
- 1 tsp Ginger minced
- 2 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp Rice Vinegar
- 2 tsp Brown Sugar
- Combine all sauce ingredients and set aside.
- Combine flour and boiling water in a large bowl until dough forms a ball. knead on a floured surface until smooth, for 4-5 minutes, and place in a covered bowl to rest for 30 min.
- Divide dough into four balls. roll out each ball at a time on a floured surface until 8 inches in diameter, then brush with 1/2 tsp sesame oil and sprinkle with chopped green onions and some salt. roll up tightly, jell-roll style and wrap rope around to form a coil, making sure it’s secure and the ends are tucked in. flatten and roll out to 1/8 in thickness. you can repeat this process a 2nd time to get even more layers/more flaky texture.
- Heat cooking oil in a nonstick pan over medium high heat and cook the pancake for 2 minutes on each side, until golden brown. serve warm with dipping sauce.