- 2 medium Eggplants 3 lbs. total, roasted
- 1/3 cup Tahini
- 3 cloves Garlic minced
- 1 Fresh Lemon juiced, add more or less to taste
- 1 medium Tomato chopped in small pieces
- 1/2 Red Onion thinly sliced
- 1/2 tsp Salt add more or less to taste
- Cayenne a pinch, optional
- 2-3 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Fresh Parsley as needed
- Roast the whole eggplant on a stove top or bbq top until it’s smoky on the outside and soft on the inside, about 5-6 min on each side rotating around.
- You can and I roast it in the oven, 400 F for 30 min by wrapping the eggplants in the tin foil.
- Once eggplant is roasted, immediately peel the skin off with a wet towel. Place the roasted eggplant pulp into a bowl with half of the smoky liquid. Discard the skin. Let the eggplant to cool off.
- Then add, tahini, garlic, fresh lemon juice, salt, cayenne pepper and 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil to the bowl. Use a fork to mash together the mixture. Mash it well to break up the tahini paste, minced garlic, and any stringiness of the eggplant.
- Add the chopped onions, handful of chopped parsley and tomatoes to the mixture. Mix until well combined.
- Drizzle some extra virgin olive oil on top and garnish it with pomegranate seeds and parsley.