- 1 lb Fettuccine or any pasta of choice
- 1 Yellow Onion finely chopped
- 4 cloves Garlic minced
- 1 1/2 tbsp Avocado Oil or olive oil
- 1 cup Mushrooms sliced
- 1 cup Raw Cashews
- 2 cups Filtered Water
- 4 tbsp Nutritional Yeast
- Fresh Parsley chopped, optional
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of water to boil. Add 2 tbsp of salt to the boiling water. Add the fettuccine noodles (or your choice of pasta). Cook for 11 minutes or follow the directions on your pasta box.
- Meanwhile in a large pan over medium heat, add oil and sauté garlic and onions for 6 minutes. Season with a pinch of salt then add mushrooms and sauté for 7 minutes.
- In a high speed blender combine raw cashews and filtered water. Blend on high speed for 1 minute or until fully smooth. Pour cashew milk over mushrooms and bring heat to low. Simmer for 3 minutes, until sauce begins to thicken slightly.
- Add the nutritional yeast, tsp of salt and 1/2 tsp pepper to the sauce, mix then once noodles are cooked, using tongs transfer the noodles straight from the pot to the sauce. Add 1/2 cup of hot pasta water to the pasta and mix all together until noodles are fully coated with sauce.
- Finish off with freshly cracked pepper, a pinch of salt if needed and chopped fresh parsley.