- 300 g Chestnut Mushrooms
- 1/2 White Onion
- 2 cloves Garlic
- Black Pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 200 ml Vegetable Stock may need a little extra
- 1/2 cup Coconut Milk the drinking kind, not canned
- Finely dice the onion and add this into a frying pan with a little olive oil and cooked over medium heat until translucent.
- Crush in the garlic clove and continue to sauté these until fragrant.
- Wash and slice the mushrooms thinly and add these into the frying pan to cook off. You want to cook the mushrooms so that most of the moisture is cooked out and they become golden and crisp.
- Once everything is cooked, combine the mushrooms, coconut milk, stock and a sprinkling of black pepper in a blender, then blend until smooth. Add more liquid if you feel that the consistency of the soup is too thick.
- Gently heat before serving, then garnish and enjoy!