- 8-10 Shiitake Mushrooms thinly sliced
- 1 head Broccoli cut into florets
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 1 tbsp Cornstarch
- 1/2 cup Soy Sauce or tamari
- 3 tbsp Maple Syrup
- 1 tbsp Garlic minced
- 1 tsp Ginger minced
- Cooked Rice
- Green Onion
- In a large skillet, heat up 1 tbsp of Oil. Once hot, add the thinly-sliced mushroom and cook on medium heat. Suate until they begin to brown just slightly. About 6-8 minutes. Make sure that the heat isn’t too high so as to burn the mushrooms.
- In a large skillet, heat up 1 T. of a neutral oil. I’ve been cooking with avocado oil lately. Once shimmering, add the thin-sliced mushroom and cook on medium heat. I like to cook mine until they begin to brown just slightly. About 6-8 minutes. Make sure that the heat isn’t too high so as to burn the mushrooms.
- While the mushrooms are cooking, steam the broccoli in a smaller steamer until it is bright green. About 3-4 minutes. Once steamed, transfer to a colander and rinse with cold water to stop the cooking process.
- In a small bowl, combine all the sauce ingredients. Set aside.
- When the mushrooms are fully cooked, add the steamed broccoli to the skillet and pour the sauce over the mushrooms. Stir constantly to avoid lumps and cook for 1-2 minutes over medium heat.
- Serve with rice, green onions and sriracha.