- 1/4 cup Rolled Oats gluten-free or not
- 1/2 cup Fresh Parsley
- 6 cloves Garlic
- 1 small Onion
- 1 can Cooked Chickpeas strained and rinsed
- 2 tbsp Nutritional Yeast
- 2 tbsp Tahini
- 1/2 Lemon juiced
- 1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 tsp Ground Cumin
- 1/2 tsp Ground Coriander
- 1/4 tsp Ground Cardamom
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/4 tsp Pepper
- 1 pinch Cayenner Pepper or to taste
- 2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil for coating the falafels
Citrus Tahini Dressing
- 4 tbsp Tahini
- 2 Lemons juiced
- 1 pinch Salt
- Filtered Water as needed
- 5 Whole Grain Tortilla Wraps
- 125 g Mixed Greens of Choice
- 200 g Purple Cabbage thinly sliced
- 1/2 Cucumber thinly sliced
- 2 Avocado thinly sliced
- In your food processor add oats, pulse into a flour-like substance. Remove from food processor and place to the side.
- Next add parsley, garlic and onion to food processor. Pulse until finely chopped. Then add oat flour, chickpeas, nutritional yeast, tahini, lemon juice, olive oil, cumin, coriander, cardamom, sea salt, pepper and a pinch cayenne pepper. Pulse until it becomes a crumbly dough-like texture.
- Transfer falafel dough to mixing bowl. Preheat oven to 375F/190C. Line a baking tray with parchment paper and scoop rounded tablespoon amounts of dough onto parchment paper, and gently form balls. (I used an ice cream scoop to do this.)
- Paint falafels with a bit of olive oil and place in the oven to bake for 15-20 minutes, or until golden in colour.
- To make the Citrus Tahini Sauce: in a bowl add tahini, lemon juice and salt. Mix to combine. Add splashes of water to thin until you’ve reached desired consistency. (I used 2-3 tbsp). Drizzle falafels with tahini sauce for eating.
- To make the wraps combine mixed greens, cabbage, cucumber, avocado and 2-3 falafels in a whole wheat tortilla wrap, drizzle with citrus tahini dressing and serve.