- 1/2 Butternut Squash
- 1/2 cup Soya Chunks
- 2 pcs Tomatoes pureed on a food processor
- 2 tsp Ginger Paste
- 2 tsp Garlic Paste
- 2 tbsp Coconut Cream
- 1/4 cup Water
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1 Black Cardamom you can use a nomal cardamom
- 3-4 Cloves
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 3-4 tsp Tandoori Masala Powder divided
- Preheat oven to 175C.
- Mix the butternut squash with 1 Tbsp olive oil and 2 tsp tandoori masala.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes till done.
- In the meanwhile start on the curry. Boil soya chunks in 2 cups of water till soft (5-7 minutes).
- Drain in a colander and run under cold water to cool. Squeeze out excess water from the chunks by pressing them with your hands.
- Heat olive oil in a pan and when hot add cumin seeds, cardamom and cloves. Stir making sure the spices don’t burn.
- Add ginger garlic paste and cook till the raw smell disappears.
- Add tomatoes and tandoori masala spice and water if required. Cook for 5-7 minutes till it forms a sauce like consistency.
- Add soya chunks and butternut squash and let it simmer on a low flame for 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in coconut cream and season as required. Serve warm.