- 300 g Orzo Pasta
- 1 Leek finely sliced
- 400 g Green Beans trimmed and cut in halves
- 2 Spring Onions finely chopped
- a handful of Rocket
- 1 Lemon zested and juiced
- 750 ml Vegetable Stock
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- a small handful of Hazelnuts
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven at 180 degrees Celsius. In a large roasting tin or cast iron pan ( I have used a Le Creuset) mix the orzo pasta with the veggie stock. In a separate bowl mix together the leeks and green beans with the oil, lemon zest, salt and pepper. Spread the veggies evenly on top of the orzo. Also sprinkle the hazelnuts and the chopped spring onions, reserving some to scatter on top at the end.
- Place the tin in the oven and roast for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and stir through the rocket, the remaining spring onions, lemon juice and an extra drizzle of extra virgin olive oil. Add more salt and pepper if needed and serve hot.