- 600 g Unsweetened Plant Yogurt
- 1/2 cup Maple Syrup
- 1 Juice of Lemon
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1-2 tbsp Rose Water optional
- 250 g Frozen or Fresh Summer Berries plus more to serve
- 2 tbsp Maple Syrup
- In small sauce pan add the berries and maple syrup, cook on a medium heat until the juices are flowing and have thawed through. Continue to let them bubble for a few minutes until the liquid becoming a little syrupy. Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- In a large bowl add the yogurt, maple, lemon juice and rose water (gradually). Whisk to combine, check for taste and add more rose or maple if necessary.
- Have a freezer proof container at the ready if you’re not churning it.
- Once the berry mix has cooled down, stir it through the yogurt mix, it doesn’t need to be completely incorporated. You could add an extra handful of frozen berries at this stage if you like.
- Pour into your chosen container and place in the freezer for 1 hour, after which time fork it rigorously and every hour thereafter. Once it’s beginning to freeze up nicely do a little more often like every 30 minutes until you have a smoothie bowl/nice cream or soft serve consistency.
- If however you are using a churner, once you have combined the yogurt and berry mix add it to the machine until you have a soft serve consistency, this usually takes about 20 minutes.
- Empty into a loaf tin or container of choice, you can also stir through a small handful of extra frozen berries if you wish. Cover with a little parchment and wrap in cling film, or if it has a lid, pop it on top to seal.
- Freeze until ready to serve. Or a good hour or so to firm up. You can eat it immediately as a soft serve style if you wish.
- Take it out the freezer for a good 10 minutes so it’s easier to scoop and serve with extra berries if you like.Enjoy on a hot summer’s day.