- 1 Butternut Squash
- 1 cup Chickpeas
- 1/2 cup Red Quinoa cooked
- 1/2 cup Pomegranate Seeds
- 1/2 Red Onion
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 2 large handful Fresh Spinach
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1 tsp Harissa Seasoning or more to taste
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 F (220 C). Cut butternut squash in half, scoop out the seeds and put both pieces on a lined baking sheet (cut side up).
- Bake for 45 to 60 minutes (depending on its size) until fork tender. Finely dice onion and garlic and sauté on medium heat with a splash of water until slightly browned and fragrant.
- Add chickpeas, spinach (chopped), quinoa, lemon juice, pomegranate seeds, harissa seasoning, salt and pepper (to taste).
- When butternut squash is done, take it out of the oven and let it cool down a bit to scoop out some of the flesh (but just enough to have space for the filling).
- Stuff with the chickpea mix and put it back in the oven for 5 minutes or just enjoy as it is!