- 1 block Tofu extra-firm
- 2 tbsp Toasted Sesame Seed Oil
- 1/2 cup Hoisin Sauce
- 2 tbsp Tamari or Soy Sauce
- 3 cloves Garlic finely minced
- 1 cup Brown Rice Uncooked
- Spring Onions finely chopped
- Sesame Seeds
- Chili Flakes optional
- Start by pressing the tofu between 2 tea towels to remove the excess water. Leave it for 10 minutes to try ti squeeze out as much water as possible. Chop the tofu into cubes.
- In a frying pan on a medium heat add soy sauce, hoisin sauce and the minced garlic and give it a good stir. Add in the tofu cubes and mix it all together to make sure the tofu is coated with the sauce. Remove from the heat, let it cool down and place it in the fridge for 20 minutes.
- In the meantime cook the brown rice according to the packaging instructions.
- In a frying pan add the sesame oil, once hot add in some of the tofu cubes in a single layer along with the sauce. Fry for 5 minutes each side. Add the chopped spring onion at the last minute.
- Serve the tofu with cooked brown rice and a generous sprinkle of sesame seeds.