- 200 g Wheat Flour
- 200 g Wheat Semolina
- 200 ml Water
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 300 g Potato
- 200 g Spinach
- 1 Onion
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 2 tbsp Nutritional Yeast
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Put flour, semolina and salt in a mixing bowl and stir. Add water and oil and knead with the kneading of the food processor to a dough. (You can also use your hands)
- Wrap the dough in cling film and leave to rest for 1 hour in the refrigerator.
- Peel potatoes and chop. Cook gently in salted water.
- Add onions and garlic in oil and sauté.
- Wash the spinach, chop it and add to the onions. Fry 5 minutes. If you like mix the spinach creamy.
- Drain potatoes and mash it. Put the spinach, yeast flakes, salt and pepper to the potatoes in a bowl.
- Place the dough on a floured working surface and roll out to a longish rectangle with the rolling pin. The dough shouldn´t be too thick but not too thin.
- Spread the filling on it, leaving one edge, brushing it with water. Roll up from the long side.
- Use the wooden spoon to cut about equal sized dumplings. Press almost so that the filling doesn´t come out later while cooking.
- Now cut with a sharp knife and if necessary press the ends firmly. Bring salted water to a boil and cook 2-3 bags in water for 15 minutes. The water should only simmer and don´t put too much dumplings in the pot, otherwise they stick on the ground.
- Drain the dumplings well and sauté in a pan from both sides until crispy.
- Serve with salad.