- 2-3 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/2 Onion chopped
- 3 cloves Garlic peeled and minced
- 8 oz Mushrooms sliced
- 1 cup Sugar Snap Peas sliced or whole
- Rice Noodles cooked
Spicy Cashew Sauce
- 1/3 cup Cashew Butter
- 2 tbsp Spicy Sesame Oil or regular sesame oil + hot sauce
- 3 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 2 tbsp Fresh Lime Juice
- 2 tbsp Coconut Sugar
- 1 tbsp Mirin
- 1 tsp Rice Vinegar
- 3-4 tbsp Water use less or more to reach desired consistency
- Start by making your sauce – add all ingredients (except water) to a small bowl and whisk together until combined. Finish off by adding 3 tbsp water plus any additional until desired consistency is reached.
- Next, add 1 tbsp olive oil, chopped onion, and minced garlic to a large skillet. Sauté for 3-5 minutes over medium heat or until onions have started to brown. Remove from pan and set aside in a small bowl.
- To the same large skillet, add another 1-2 tbsp of olive oil along with the sliced mushrooms. Cook for ~5 minutes over medium heat or until they have browned nicely.
- Add the snap peas to the pan and saute for 2-3 minutes or until cooked to preferred consistency.
- Re-add the onion/garlic mixture back to the skillet along with the rice noodles (cooked according to package instructions) and stir together.
- Top with preferred quantity of spicy cashew sauce and stir together until everything is evenly coated.
- Optional: garnish with chopped cilantro, crushed red pepper flakes, and chopped toasted cashews before serving.