- 1/2 medium Eggplant
- 1/2 cup Mushrooms
- 1/2 block Extra-firm Tofu
- 1 small Red Onion
- 4 cloves Garlic
- 2 cans Chopped Tomatoes
- 1/2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Tomato Paste
- 1 tbsp Balsamic Cream
- 1/2 tbsp Vegetable Broth Granules or vegetable bouillon cube
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1 tbsp Italian herbs
- 1/2 tbsp Oregano
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- large handful Fresh Basil
- Spelt Spaghetti or your favorite pasta
- Zucchini Noodles
- Finely chop onion and garlic.
- Clean mushrooms and eggplant and dice them.
- Squeeze out extra liquid from tofu. Mash it up with a fork until crumbly.
- Heat up olive oil in a large sauce pan and start frying onions on medium heat until fragrant and starting to brown.
- Add garlic, mushrooms and eggplant and continue cooking until everything has lightly browned and all excess water from the veggies is gone. Then repeat the whole process with the tofu.
- Add tomato paste to the mix and keep stirring for another minute. Add balsamic cream, canned tomatoes, dried herbs and veggie broth and bring sauce to a boil.
- Turn down heat and let simmer for about 30 mins.
- In the meantime prepare pasta/veggies noodles of choice and serve with the sauce and enjoy!