- 1 large Cauliflower cut into 2 thick steaks, about 2 cm thick
- 1 tbsp Vegan Butter
- Tarragon to taste
- 1 cup Kale
- 1/2 cup Quinoa cooked
For the Sauce
- 2 tbsp Liquid Aminos you can also use soy sauce or tamari
- 1 tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Tomato Puree
- 1 tbsp Xylitol or any kind of sweetener you prefer
- 1/2 tbsp Smoked Paprika
- Make sauce by mixing all the ingredients together.
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Add butter into a skillet followed by cauliflower and herbs. Cook for a few minutes on each side till cauliflower begins to brown.
- Spoon 2 T on sauce over each steak and cook for 1 minute more on each side.
- Transfer the contents of the skillet into a lined baking tray and place in the oven.
- Roast the cauliflower for 40 minutes till done turning half way and and adding 1 T of sauce for each steak once turned . Finish cooking cauliflower under the grill 3 minutes on each side.
- Transfer cauliflower into serving plate and add kale and quinoa to the same baking tray. Mix kale and quinoa with the remaining sauce on the tray and place in the oven for 10 minutes.