- 3 Carrots sliced
- 4 Potatoes peeled and cubed
- 1 large Onion diced
- 1 clove Garlic minced
- 8 leaves Savoy Cabbage thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1.2 L Water
- 1 1/2 tsp Salt or more to taste
- 2 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric
- 1/2 tsp Ground Ginger
- 3 Bay Leaves
- 1/8 tsp Nnutmeg
- Black Pepper to taste
- Prepare vegetables. Heat up the olive oil in a large saucepan. Add the carrots, potatoes, onion and garlic and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add the herbs and salt and sauté for another minute. Pour in the water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and let simmer covered for 15 minutes.
- Add the savoy cabbage and let simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the apple vinegar and adjust flavor with more salt and pepper if necessary.
- Serve with croûtons and enjoy!
- To make croûtons just use some old bread. Cut it in cubes and toss in a olive oil, thyme, salt & pepper. Bake at 200 C in the oven until golden brown.