- 300 g Grated Carrots about 3 cups
- 100 g Oats about 1 cup
- 2 tbsp Ground Flaxseed
- 8 tbsp Filtered Water
- 1 Onion chopped
- 3 cloves Garlic minced
- 1 tbsp Mustard
- 1 tbsp Tomato Paste or ketchup
- 1.5 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Curry Powder
- 1/2 tsp Chili Powder
- 2-3 tbsp Bread Crumbs use GF if needed
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Start by preparing flax egg: in a small bowl whisk together ground flaxseeds with about 8 tablespoons of water. Let rest for 5 minutes to thicken.
- Add flax egg and rest of the ingredients to a large bowl and mix well together. If you prefer a smoother finish, you can also add the mixture to a food processor and pulse a few times. Adjust seasoning if needed, then cover and let rest for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile preheat the oven to 200°C/400ºF. Form mixture into small balls with wet hands (use about 2 tablespoons of mixture per ball), and place them on a baking sheet. Bake for 15-20 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Alternatively, fry them in hot oil until crispy, about 2-3 minutes each side. Enjoy!