- 1 small-medium size Pumpkin around 800 g
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 1 Onion diced
- 1 thumb-size Ginger peeled and minced
- 2 cloves Garlic finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp Chili Powder omit if you don’t like spice
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric ground
- 1 tsp Cumin ground
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- Black Pepper to taste
- 400 ml Vegetable Stock
- 2 Sourdough bread Slices chopped into 3 cm cubes
- 1 tsp Oregano diced
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup Pumpkin Seeds toasted
- 3 tbsp Coconut Milk full fat
- Preheat oven to 180•c.
- Place pumpkin on a baking tray&bake in the the oven for 30 mins, until a knife pierces through the skin. Remove and allow to cool for 10 mins.
- Heat a large saucepan over a medium heat with the oil. Cook onion for 5 minutes, until soft. Add ginger&garlic and cook for another 2 mins.
- Scoop out the flesh from the pumpkin and add to pan. Add in chilli powder, turmeric, cumin, salt and pepper and stir well.
- Pour in veg stock and put the lid on, reducing to a gentle simmer for 15 mins.
- Prepare croutons by adding olive oil to a skillet or frying pan over a medium heat. Add in sourdough cubes and oregano and stir often, until golden and crispy.
- Blend soup using a stick blender or in a food processor until smooth. Serve with crispy croutons, toasted pumpkin seeds and a drizzle of coconut milk.