- 1 can Jackfruit drained and washed
- 1 tbsp Tomato Paste
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 2 tsp Cumin Powder
- 3 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1 tbsp Mixed Dried Herbs
- 1/2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 tbsp Xylitol or your preferred sweetener
- salt to taste
- 1 tbsp Vegan Butter
- Toasted Sourdough Bread
- Heat olive oil in a pan and when hot add bayleaf, onions, xylitol and balsamic vinegar. Cook until onions are caramelized.
- Add in the tomato paste, cumin powder and smoked paprika. Cool for a further 5-6 minutes.
- Add jackfruit and herbs and mix well to combine.
- Stir in vegan butter and salt. Cook on a low flame with lid on for further 20-25 minutes till jackfruit is soft and melt in the mouth.
- Eat on its own or in a sandwich.